Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lemon Basil Chicken with veggies and couscous

Today I used a Lemon Spinach couscous box (followed recipe on box).

While I let the couscous sit, I took some marinaded thinly sliced chicken breast in lemon juice and basil. (Marinaded in a ziplock bag for 3 hrs)
Then I cooked this chicken on a skillet. Cooked for 4 minutes on each side, just in its juices.

In the same skillet I added some balsamic vinegar and goat cheese as well as sliced zucchini. Cooked for a minute or two each side.

Then layered some fresh spinach leaves, followed by the couscous and zucchini topped finally by the chicks breasts.

Ended with a little goat cheese (crumbled, my favorite) as garnish.

All together, not counting the 3 hr marinade, this took about 10 minutes.

Here's the final product, that I paired with a seasonal summer ale from Sam Adams.


No comments:

Post a Comment